Trimming the Hat's Waste-line
Residential Recycling Collection will begin in late spring 2018.
In late spring 2018, the new blue carts will be delivered and residential recycling collection will begin! Before carts are rolled out we will share information here. We will be inviting everyone to come out to information sessions to see the carts, ask questions and learn more about the residential recycling program.
Residential recycling collection will use the same type of cart and technology as the automated garbage and yard waste carts. Can Pak Environmental collectors will be emptying the carts with their automated collection trucks, and sorting the materials at the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) which they are now operating.
Don't forget to check back for updates!
Print the Blue Cart Colouring Contest page below and submit for your chance to win a $100 gift card to the Family Leisure Centre plus a picture with the Mayor! Please be sure to read the contest rules on the second page.
Blue Cart Colouring Contest pages may also be picked up at City Hall or at the Sunshine Home and Leisure Show March 2-4, 2018.
The contest will end on April 20, 2018.
Residential Recycling FAQ's
Are you curious about the roll out or do you have a general inquiry regarding the Residential Recycling Program? Refer to the Residential Recycling FAQ's to get all your questions answered. If you do not see an answer to your question, please contact Environmental Utilities at 403.529.8176
Here are a few tips to remember as the blue recycling carts begin to roll out:
- Blue Carts will be delivered to all Medicine Hat residential locations (single family dwellings up to 4 plexes) who currently have a grey cart for household garbage.
- When the blue recycling carts are delivered, they will be dropped off at the front of your home to ensure the cart serial number is registered to your address.
- As soon as you receive your blue recycling cart, you may begin to use it immediately.
- Recycling carts will be collected by Can Pak Environmental collectors from the same set out location that you currently set your grey and yard waste carts.
- Collection will be completed once a week, following the same zone calendar and map as with the grey and yard waste carts. Refer to www.medicinehat.ca/collectionschedule to determine your collection day.
- No sorting required! Place all of your cardboard, mixed paper, newsprint, tin/aluminum and plastics numbered 1 - 7 in the cart. Be sure to put all plastic bags into one bag and loose papers into a cardboard box to reduce the chance of littering as the cart is tipped into the truck.
News Release Updates