IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
The following terms and conditions govern the use of gift card (“Gift Card”) you purchased from The City of Medicine Hat (the “City”).
Gift Card may be purchased using debit, cash, Visa and MasterCard in person or over the phone at the following locations:
Family Leisure Centre, Crestwood Pool, Parks and Recreation office, Gas City Campground (in-season) , Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre.To order by phone using Visa and MasterCard please call 403-502-8566 or 403-502-8777.
City Hall cashier will accept cash and debit only for Gift Card purchase/reload.Gift Cards may be redeemed at tixx.ca, Family Leisure Centre, Crestwood Recreation Centre, Parks and Recreation office, Gas City Campground (in season), Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre and City Hall cashier. Watch for announcements that more locations/facility have been added.
- Sale, redemption and reloading gift cards must be done:
- In person with the Gift Card present at City Hall cashier.
- In person at Family Leisure Centre, Crestwood Recreation Centre, Parks and Recreation office, Gas City Campground, Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre.
If the buyer cannot appear in person, the purchase or reload of a Gift Card using Visa or Mastercard can be done by phone 403-502-8566 or 403-502-8777. Redemption at tixx.ca may be done on-line.Gift Cards have no expiry date, however the City may stop accepting Gift Cards at any time with refunds on card balances.
There is no administration fee associated with the sale or redemption of Gift Cards.
- There is a minimum of $25.00 Gift Card purchase/reload amount on Gift Cards. The maximum Gift Card purchase is $1000. 00. There is no minimum redemption amount.
- Gift Cards may be purchased using Debit or Cash. Visa and MasterCard, will be accepted over the phone. Cheques will not be accepted as a method of payment.
- The City is NOT responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cards or any unauthorized use. Please handle these cards as you would cash.
- No interest, dividends, or any other earnings on funds deposited onto a Gift Card will accrue or be paid or credited to Gift Card holder by the City.
- Gift cards purchased with credit cards may not be redeemed for accounts receivable, utility or tax payments.
- The City reserves the right not to accept, load, re-load or re-issue any Gift Card or otherwise limit the use of a Gift Card if the City reasonably believes that the use is unauthorized, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
- The City reserves the right to correct the balance of a Gift Card account if the City believes that a clerical, billing or accounting error occurred. The City shall have no liability for any billing error unless the cardholder provides us notice within sixty (60) days of the date of the transaction in question. You should monitor your account balances closely on line any time at: www.valutec.net/Customers/balance.aspx
- The City may amend the terms and conditions of use of the Gift Card at any time, including any rights or obligations the cardholder. The City will post the terms and conditions on the City’s web site at www.medicinehat/giftcards.
- As permitted by applicable law, any amendment will become effective at the time the City posts the amended terms and conditions on the City web site or as otherwise stated in our notice to cardholders. Unless otherwise stated, the amendment will apply to any future and existing Gift Cards. You are deemed to accept the amendments if
- You use your Gift Card after such notice. If you do not accept the amendments, upon written request, the Gift Card will be cancelled and any amounts remaining on the Gift Card will be refunded to you within 90 days.
- The City may suspend or terminate the Gift Card program in whole or in part at any time and for any reason or no reason without notice or liability. If the City terminates this agreement without cause, the City will refund the balance held in your Gift Card account within 90 days .
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in force in the Province of Alberta, Canada.
- These terms and conditions apply to any and all use of a Gift Card. In the event any changes to the terms and conditions are made and posted by the City from time to time, the version that is current at the time of use of the Gift Card will apply. In the event any of these terms and conditions are determined by a competent authority to be unenforceable, the affected provision is to be read down to eliminate the word or words that is or are unenforceable, and the remainder is to remain in full force and effect.
- If you have any questions or wish to send us any notice regarding these terms and conditions or your Gift Card, please email us at email@example.com.