Works completed, in progress and coming up soon (September 2017)
Completed pouring stair cores
Electrical main in progress
Site grading in progress
Mechanical and Electrical rough ins in progress
Preparing for building aprons
Steel erection to start soon
401 Parkview Drive NW
This is phase II of the station relocation projects as approved in the Fire Services Response Coverage Optimization Plan. Phase I (relocation of Station 2) is complete and working as per expectations.
The new location will provide response coverage improvement into NE and NW Crescent Heights, Riverside, Parkview and Ranchlands, while maintaining coverage into the River Flats, Downtown and SE Hill areas.
The new location will provide a station on the north side of the South Saskatchewan River in the event bridge use is restricted or unavailable (traffic accidents, construction, flood closures).
Once completed 95% of residents will reside within the 6:20 response coverage capability. The other 5% are seconds outside of that. This is a significant safety improvement for residents and fire fighters.
Final part of the Response Coverage Optimization Plan which also included:
Traffic preemption installed on nearly all existing signalized intersections in the City.
Traffic preemption being installed on all new signalized intersections.
Dispatch process improvements.
Installation of mobile computer aided dispatch technology on front line fire apparatus.
Prequalification for General Contractor In January 2017