Completed, In Progress & Coming Soon
- Completed pouring stair cores
- Electrical main in progress
- Site grading in progress
- Mechanical and Electrical rough ins in progress
- Preparing for building aprons
- Steel erection to start soon
401 Parkview Drive NW
- This is phase II of the station relocation projects as approved in the Fire Services Response Coverage Optimization Plan. Phase I (relocation of Station 2) is complete and working as per expectations.
- The new location will provide response coverage improvement into NE and NW Crescent Heights, Riverside, Parkview and Ranchlands, while maintaining coverage into the River Flats, Downtown and SE Hill areas.
- The new location will provide a station on the north side of the South Saskatchewan River in the event bridge use is restricted or unavailable (traffic accidents, construction, flood closures).
- Once completed 95% of residents will reside within the 6:20 response coverage capability. The other 5% are seconds outside of that. This is a significant safety improvement for residents and fire fighters.
- Final part of the Response Coverage Optimization Plan which also included:
- Traffic preemption installed on nearly all existing signalized intersections in the City.
- Traffic preemption being installed on all new signalized intersections.
- Dispatch process improvements.
- Installation of mobile computer aided dispatch technology on front line fire apparatus.
- Prequalification for General Contractor In January 2017
- Tender for construction in March 2017
- Start construction in June 2017
- Construction completion in Sept 2018