Grants Still Available to Promote Downtown Development
Funding remains available through the City's 2017 Downtown Development Incentive Program (DDIP)
Applications are now available for the 2017 Downtown Development Incentive Program.
However, the Business Support Office will not be accepting the Applications until Monday, March 6, 2017 starting at 9 a.m. Applications received before this time will not be accepted.Acceptance of the Applications will be by email/electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or by delivery to the Business Support Office, third floor, City Hall 580 First Street SE. This will enable the Business Support Office to check the Applications with a time stamp as they come in. Grant funds are on a first come, first served basis.
Total amount of the 2017 program fund is $284,000. Once the applications are received and reviewed, they will be applied to the grant in order of the time stamp.
Any applications that do not fit the criteria or are not completed correctly will be sent back to the applicant and the next one reviewed until all funds in the Program ($284,000) are allocated.
Acceptance of applications does not confirm grant funding. Funding is predicated on completing the proposed work and submitting copies of paid invoices (dated between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2018) for review.
- 2017 Application Form (PDF)
- Overview (PDF)
- News Release - February 8, 2017
- City of Medicine Hat Vendor Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
- Architectural/Visual Enhancements (PDF)
- Commercial Development Grant (PDF)
- Environmental Site Assessment & Remedial/Risk Management (PDF)
- Live-Work Residential Development Grant (PDF)
- Multi-Family Development Grant (PDF)
- Boundary Map (PDF)
- Downtown Area Redevelopment Plan
- River Flats Area Redevelopment Plan
Contact & More Information
Business Support Office