There will be no Public or Adult Free Skate planned for phase 2 for Alberta Health Relaunch strategy.
If you wish to book ice, please contact the Recreation Facility Coordinator for ice availability and the restrictions that will be followed to rent ice. email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403.502.8745.
The Kinsmen Club of Medicine Hat proudly sponsors our Play Skate, Public and Adult skating times for our community to enjoy.
PUBLIC AND PLAY SKATING (we have gone paperless!)
Skating Schedule (external link) must be in Chrome
*Please Note: Schedules are subject to change and may be updated at any time, please check regularly for the most updated schedule.
SHINNY HOCKEY PROGRAMS
Welcome back Shinny Players! Things are going to look a bit different from the last time you were on the ice at the Family Leisure Centre.
With COVID protocols in Phase 2 that we need to have in place to run a Shinny program, we are going to be running the 55+ and the 65+ Shinny as a registered program and you will be a cohort. (No Drop-In)
The City will be running two sessions for each program before Christmas (you will need an FLC pass in order to register):
- September 21, 2020 to October 23, 2020 (No shinny Oct 12th)
- 55+ Shinny - Mondays and Fridays - 10:45 am - 12:00 noon and Wednesdays 1:30-2:45 pm.
- 65+ Shinny - Tuesdays and Thursdays - 12:00 - 1:15 pm.
- November 9, 2020 to December 18, 2020 (No Shinny Nov 11 and Dec 4th)
- 55+ Shinny - Mondays and Fridays - 10:45 am - 12;00 noon and Wednesdays 1:30-2:45 pm.
- 65+ Shinny - Tuesdays and Thursdays - 12:00-1:15 pm.
You will be able to register for each program 2 weeks before the start date.
Just a reminder that you are only to belong to one sport cohort at a time. If you switch or want to joint another sport cohort, you must not participate in a new cohort for 14 days. Please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/guidance-documents/aspxfor Alberta Health guidelines.
- • Groups are to meet outside to prepare to go into the facility 30 min before their booked time, no later than 20 min before. If you are early, we ask that you wait in your vehicles and do not stand outside the building, as this will create traffic blockages getting in and out of the building for other users and staff.
• You are allowed on the ice 5 min before your booked time. Please check that the group before is in their own dressing rooms and no one is in the hallways to the ice.
• When your ice time is done please go directly to your dressing room. You are allowed out of the dressing room to leave the facility, minimum of 20 minutes after your booked time and no later than 30 min. This will aid in no crossover in the hallways between bookings.
• YOU WILL NEED TO CHECK IN AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK EVERY DAY FOR CONTACT TRACING.
|PUBLIC SKATING||Anyone is welcome. Fast skaters are encouraged to skate around the outside edge.|
|ADULT SKATING||Limited to adults over the age of 18.|
We heard you! Sometimes parents are unsure of bringing their little ones out for Free Public Skating because of the fast pace and concern for being in the way or in danger as they learn. The FLC is pleased to introduce PLAY Skate – another way we are Breaking Down the Barriers that prevent an active and healthy lifestyle.
This program is Wednesdays from 12:00 – 1:00 pm, (Starting Sept 23, 2020) we will have the ice for PLAY Skate – a safe space for new skaters aged 0-6 years old and accompanying parents only. There will be toys and games to promote balance as you practice skating skills and build confidence on the ice. (Due to COVID, you will get your own toys that have been cleaned)
You will need to sign up for a time slot as numbers are limited.
Helmets are mandatory for kids, with face masks are strongly recommended and parents are recommended to have helmets and skates. Ice cleats will be available to use if you wish.
ADULT SHINNY HOCKEY
(ages 18+ , 17 year old's will be considered depending on skill level on ice)
Bring your equipment, throw your sticks in a pile, and play a friendly game of hockey on your noon hour! Here are a few things to consider to ensure everyone has fun and stays safe:
(9-12/13/16 yr old)
Full equipment, throw your sticks in a pile, and play a friendly game of hockey with your age group:
To ensure the safety of all skaters, hockey sticks and pucks are not allowed on the ice during Public or Adult Skating. The skating schedule is updated weekly on the skating hotline at 403.502.8570.