Update Aug 7, 2020
FLC Cenovus and the Canalta Centre arenas are open for rentals.
Please contact the Recreation Facility Coordinator for ice availability and for the restrictions that will need to be followed to rent ice.
Facilities expected openings:
As always, the safety of our patrons, our community and our staff remains our top priority in initiating this precautionary measure. We thank you for you understanding.
To book ice, please contact:
Recreation Facility Coordinator
See what is available and Book Online below!
ICE RATES PER HOUR
2019 / 2020 ICE SEASON
2020 DRYLAND SEASON
(Cement slab - Lacrosse / Ball Hockey)
2020 / 2021 ICE SEASON
(Sept 1, 2019 - August 31, 2020)
(April 1, 2020 - July 20, 2020)
(Sept 1, 2020 - August 31, 2021)
|NON PRIME TIME (Before 3:45 pm and after 10 pm) - Sept 1 to June 30 only||N/A||N/A||$192.00|
General Regulations of Use
- The Facility Operator on site has full authority to monitor and control the facility.
- User Groups shall take to the ice at their designated time, and they shall also leave the ice when their allotted time has expired or as directed by the Facility Operator.
- Dressing rooms should be vacated within one-half hour of the completion of your scheduled time.
- User Groups are responsible to leave their dressing rooms in a clean and acceptable manner. Cooperative ownership by the players, coaches, and spectators will leave a clean and attractive facility for all.
- The City of Medicine Hat will not be responsible for the loss or theft of any personal property.
- User groups shall be responsible for the conduct of all participants, officials, spectators, and others associated with the activity. The User Group may be assessed any costs pertaining to damage that may occur related to their program.
- User groups must assure that participants wear appropriate safety attire.
- A 15-minute time allotment is scheduled for all flood times. For your safety please ensure that no participants or equipment enter the ice during this time period.
- The City of Medicine Hat reserves the right to postpone or reschedule any activity due to justified circumstances. As much notice as practical shall be given. Special Events may interrupt regularly scheduled programs; your understanding and cooperation are greatly appreciated.
- Glass containers are not permitted in these facilities.
- The act of Smoking and/or Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages is illegal and not permitted in the City Ice Facilities. In designated areas only, a valid alcohol permit and host liquor liability insurance is required. i.e. Social Rooms
- Advertising cannot be displayed without the written consent of the City of Medicine Hat.
- Structural changes and modifications to the facility must be approved by the City of Medicine Hat.
- Cancellations or amendments must be received by the Recreation Facility Coordinator a minimum of 5 WORKING DAYS in advance of the rental date. Please call 403.502.8745 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to observe these deadlines will result in the renter being assessed the full cost of the rental.
- SINGLE OR SHORT-TERM BOOKINGS: Payment of the amount on the confirmation permit is due immediately upon booking.
- REGULAR USERS: Regular user groups with weekly bookings shall be invoiced at the end of each month. Payment must be made by the due date on the invoice to avoid interest charges.
- TOURNAMENTS AND SPECIAL EVENTS: Approved tournaments and special events will be sent a permit noting that a 25% non-refundable initial payment of the rental total is due one month prior to the first booking date. The remaining balance is due 14 days prior to the first booking date on the permit.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS:
- By Phone: the Recreation Facility Coordinator may accept Visa or MasterCard payments by phone at 403.502.8745.
- In Person:
- Pre-payment may be made in person at the Family Leisure Centre – 2000 Division Ave N.
- Monthly invoices can be paid at the City Hall Cashier Desk at 580 First Street SE. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Cash, cheque, debit, Visa or MasterCard are accepted.
- By Mail: Cheque payments for monthly invoices are payable to the City of Medicine Hat, 580 First Street SE, Medicine Hat, AB T1A 8E6.
- CANCELLATIONS OR AMENDMENTS: Cancellations or amendments must be received by the Recreation Facility Coordinator a minimum of 5 WORKING DAYS in advance of the rental date. Please call 403.502.8745 or email email@example.com. Failure to observe these deadlines will result in the renter being assessed the full cost of the rental.