Please note that as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, operational changes may occur.
For current updates, please check the outdoor bulletin boards near the campground office or visit the City website.
Store access will be limited to two patrons’ maximum at a time.
Debit, Visa and MasterCard accepted. No cash transactions please.
Fires in fire pits are allowed.
The playground is open.
We ask that you do not enter the campground if you are experiencing symptoms including cough, fever, and shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat that are not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, or are otherwise required to isolate or quarantine.
If cancellations are required, full refunds will be issued without penalties.
At this time, we are accepting out-of-province reservations. If this should change, full refunds would be issued.
Campground reservations are set to a maximum 80% capacity, keeping at least 20 feet distance between sites.
Certain sites are blocked and non-reservable due to distancing and capacity measures.
Only one unit per site. Only members of the same household stay together on a campsite.
No visitors inside the park; only patrons with reservations.
Please respect 2 meter physical/social distancing set by Alberta Health.
No common gatherings at campsites or within the park area.
Modified washroom and shower access is available. To reduce the number of people in these shared facilities to one household at a time, all exterior main doors have been modified with inside locks. Increased cleaning and sanitizing measures are in place daily.
Book or DVD exchanges are not available at this time.
- Laundry room
- Community Kitchen & Fire Pit
- Common lounge area in campground office
If applicable, use washroom facilities in your recreational vehicle whenever possible to reduce traffic at shared-use facilities.
Bring a tablecloth to cover the picnic table in your site before using it.
Water shoes or flip-flops are strongly encouraged in shower facilities.
All campers are responsible for placing their own garbage into the receptacles.
If you have any questions, or require further clarification, you can contact the campground office at 403-529-8158 from 9am to 9pm daily.
Management reserves the right to:
1. Remove or eject anyone from the campground for inappropriate behavior or failure to comply for the following reasons:
- Does not follow the campground rules, procedures, policies, regulations or City of Medicine Hat Bylaws or violates any federal, provincial or local law.
- Is not a registered guest or visitor of the Gas City Campground.
- Remains on the campground beyond an agreed-upon departure time and date.
- Defaults in the payment of any lawfully-imposed registration or visitor fee of charge.
- Creates a disturbance that denies other persons their right to quiet enjoyment of the campground necessary for the preservation of the public peace, health and safety.
- Fails to abide by the written policies of the park.
2. Approve or deny refund requests.
3. Change the campground sites of a reservation due to unforeseen or unsuitable circumstances.
4. Deny refund to anyone ejected or removed from the campground.