Residential and commercial demolition

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Demolishing or moving a building

If you plan to demolish or relocate a building or other structure within the City of Medicine Hat, you must have approved permits before you proceed to avoid potential consequences such as safety hazards and/or fines. This page will provide you with the information you need.

NOTE: If you are demolishing a detached residential garage and not replacing it with another garage, contact Property Assessment.

Planning an interior demolition? If you plan to demolish a residential interior wall, ceiling, plumbing system, etc., visit the Home improvement hub for more information.

What permits do I need?
How to apply
Demolition/relocation process
Historic buildings

For more information about demolition, contact:

Planning & Development Services
Second floor, City Hall
580 1st Street SE
Medicine Hat, AB  T1A 8E6
Ph. 403.529.8374