Special event and festival permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

spectrum&clownAre you planning to organize a festival or special event within Medicine Hat? Examples of activities which require City approvals are:

  • Events where products and services are available
  • Farmers' markets, exhibits
  • Trade shows
  • Carnivals, festivals, circuses
  • Amusement parks, fairs, haunted houses
  • Psychic practitioners
  • Sporting events, runs/walks
  • Concerts, block parties

Due to the diverse types of approvals that may be required, the City Clerk  department oversees approvals for special events and festivals. To make certain that your event is compliant with the rules, is safe for everyone, and is primed for success, download the guide below:

For additional information, please contact:

City Clerk
City of Medicine Hat
580 First Street, SE (third floor)
Medicine Hat, AB

Phone: 403.529.8220
Fax: 403.529.8324


Trade show / craft show participants

Residents: If you are a resident of Medicine Hat, no business license is required to participate in a local Trade Show or Craft Show.

Non-residents: If you are not a resident of Medicine Hat and you are participating in a Trade Show or Craft Show within Medicine Hat, you may be required to have a business license. The fee which is paid to the organizer of the trade show may not include the cost of your business license, therefore you should contact the organizer of your event. If you need a City business license, you may choose to pay an annual fee or a daily fee. See Fee Schedule.

To apply, contact:

Planning & Development Services
Second floor, City Hall
580 1st Street SE
Medicine Hat, AB  T1A 8E6
Phone 403.529.8374